Sunday 16 March 2008

Waterstones Book Reviews

Well a few months ago I did a review on the Waterstone website for the book 'Sky Masters' by Dale Brown.

Now I also did a video review on the book which can be viewed here. As I do not always get time to make the videos and so do the reviews I thought that it would be a good idea to start writing them and also doing video reviews once I get the time to do so.

Anyway so here is my review that I put on Waterstones:

This book really draws you into the story and at times you just cannot bare to put the book down due to the excitement and action in the story line being too much to want to wait until the next time you can read it again.
Dale Brown has used a lot of military terms which are effective in making you feel a lot closer to the action and these probably stem from his career in the US Air Force.
If however you do not know what the terms mean he has provided a very helpful glossary which can be found at the beginning of the book and explains everything.
The tension between China and the US has raised after China laid claim to a long contested island and because of this they decimated a Phillipine Oil Platform. The Phillipines responded by sending warships and the Chinese Navy launched a tactical nuclear weapon claiming it to be 'self defense'.
The US is forced to step in after recently pulling out of the Phillipine Island's and try to put the power of the Island's back into Phillipine control.
The book is also centered around Lieutenant Patrick McLanahan who has the chance to fly a new high-tech B2 bomber. You may recognise Patrick from other books by Dale Brown.

You can also view it on waterstones by clicking on here.

I have also decided to add another poll to see whether you like this new idea (basically it will mean me being able to write to my blog more often) or whether I should just keep up with the video reviews.

As well as that poll I shall be putting up another one about whether reviewing books on Waterstones is also a good idea or not.

I shall be getting a campaign going on my You Tube accounts for my blog shortly. Hopefully these will materialise in the next few weeks. I shall be posting those on here as well anyway.

Until next time.

AJ

No comments: