Wednesday 23 July 2008

Is Lincoln Starting to Attract the Wealthy?

I just saw a Ford Mustang this morning on my way into work from the car park. What a sight to see. Amazing car but then it struck me. What the hell is it doing in Lincoln? Not very often you see a Jaguar let alone a Mustang.

Then I remembered that I saw an Aston Martin DB9 last Friday. That itself is another nice car but the costs of buying these cars is immense so what is happening? Is Lincoln finally starting to attract some more Wealthy people. I mean in times like these would you own a Ford Mustang with the petrol costs etc?

So I have decided to do some research as to how much these cars cost to buy and came up with the following. Just to compare prices I have also added in the cost of buying the Jaguar X-Type S (the most basic version of the X-Type):

· Ford Mustang - $20,000 works out at around £10,000.
· Jaguar X-type – £21,500.
· Aston Martin DB9 V12 Coupe - £110,850

Ok so we can see here that the Mustang doesn’t cost as much as we think but the fuel that it uses must cost a lot. The DB9 however costs 10 times the Ford Mustang, so really, what is a DB9 doing in Lincoln?


AJ

No comments: